I love museums
I love the history that each one has. Sometimes I find myself just stuck on a certain time period or a few items. Sometimes it is a mad rush to get through and see more. At any rate, I was able to take my time here at the Natural Museum of Ireland.
Vikings sure played a large role in Dublin as I had mentioned in previous posts. It really shows that even though they conquered many places, they also help shape many regions of the world. There is strong Viking blood here!
I went in on a Sunday and I thought it might not be crowded. It was not crowded, but there were a good amount of people here alone, with friends and or family. It really made for a nice day. I just wanted to include this in my journeys because I did spend time here and if you’re in Dublin as with any cities with museums it behooves you to come to one or two so you may learn about the rich history of said city.
One other really cool thing about museums? They have clean bathrooms. I know that sounds weird or funny, but when your in a city that you don’t know where the next toilet could be, a nice clean bathroom (toilet) is fabulous!
This is a short and sweet post about a really cool museum that I hope you can visit if in Dublin. One other perk…
It was free to get into.
- They are open Tuesday through Saturday from 10am to 5pm
- Sunday and Monday from 1pm to 5pm
- They are closed on Good Friday and Christmas Day
- Admission is FREE!
- There is free admission to all four sites of the National Museum
- If you are hungry there is a cafe open during the Museum times with extended time starting at 12pm in the cafe in Decorative Arts and History
- They have a shop so may purchase items
Feicfidh mé go luath thú