Advertisements
Being a nurse / Life by Sheri

Will it be quieter?

COVID-19, or Coronavirus, whatever sounds easier to say, the bottom line it has managed to do what other pandemics have done:  Infect, sicken and kill.  Cause confusion, fear, anxiety, and so many other emotions all thought about in a matter of minutes.  Stay at home, work from home, self-quarantine for persons over age 65 for 2 weeks (for now), or if your feeling ill or have symptoms, or have been around someone who has but what about people like me?  I am a nurse.  I work in a Level 2 Trauma Center.  I work on a Surgical/Oncology and Trauma Unit.  I have to go to work.  My patients need me to take care of them.

claudio-schwarz-purzlbaum-muq_ej7p9s0-unsplash
Photo by 🇨🇭 Claudio Schwarz | @purzlbaum on Unsplash

So this will be the 1st of a few posts on my experiences inside the hospital.  Tonight I am going into work with our visitor’s restrictions in place.  That happened yesterday.  My unit was”currently” not taking care of any rule out or positive cases of COVID, however, today is a new day and who knows what I will happen except I will “hear” the quiet.

Stay safe, wash your hands, don’t forget to say I love you and let’s kick this virus in the proverbial butt.

Yours truly,

Sheri

Featured image Photo by Fusion Medical Animation on Unsplash

Advertisements

Comments

March 17, 2020 at 17:07

Be safe. Thank you for all you do 🌷😊❤️

wherewillyoubeinayear
March 17, 2020 at 17:14

Thank you.. for all we do.. as amazing humans!!!!

justinoneone12
March 17, 2020 at 17:33

Keep up the great work

wherewillyoubeinayear
March 17, 2020 at 17:34

Thank you!!

March 17, 2020 at 22:30

God bless you and keep you safe.
We have been out of health care for just over three years and are happy not to be there now. Sandy was a nurse for 50 years, med/surg, ICU, ER and PACU. Jim was an emergency physician for 40 years, can’t imagine what it is like right now.
We will follow with interest.

wherewillyoubeinayear
March 17, 2020 at 22:40

Thank you and thank you for being an amazing team!!!! Wow.. the things that you have seen… I love your blog and thanks again!!!..

March 17, 2020 at 23:19

Stay safe! Salute each and every member of stay in our hospitals and emergency services. Take care

wherewillyoubeinayear
    March 17, 2020 at 23:36

As I sit here we had three more rule outs come in and one on my floor…. and he has been here..

March 18, 2020 at 03:20

My son’s partner, a doctor, has been told to self-isolate because my son has had flu – your usual flu, not Covid-19. Son goes back to work tomorrow as a teacher, knowing the school will probably close on Friday. Doctor stays at home, healthy and frustrated.

wherewillyoubeinayear
March 18, 2020 at 03:38

Awww. So confusing and frustrating with all of this..and the waiting game to get out of self isolate is nuts.. so sorry for your son’s and his partners frustration…. praying for the next 2 weeks to fly by!!!!!

March 18, 2020 at 06:47

God bless you and keep you safe.
We will follow with interest.

Pat Wells
March 18, 2020 at 10:30

Love your comments Sheri. Stay safe.

Anonymous
March 19, 2020 at 10:44

Can’t wait to hear your stories! Stay safe Sheri! Love you mama bear!

March 19, 2020 at 18:49

I know it’s tough going in not knowing what will happen. I was an ER RN for years and retired early!! My husband is an ENT Surgeon. I feel like I should be doing something just from all my years of being a nurse so I’ve been making cookies and goodies and sending them with him to the various hospitals, surgery centers and clinics he works at. I used to love unexpected snacks when I was nursing so trying to pay it forward!! Keep safe and remember to take care of yourself too!!! Nurses rock!!!

wherewillyoubeinayear
    March 19, 2020 at 19:23

Thank you for that and thank you for being an awesome RN. It is a hard job for sure. We are just doing the best we can with what we are told and how to care for our other patients as well. The snacks.. gosh, it is our mantra…I am keeping safe and yes… downtime for me too!
    Thank you so much and I love your blog by the way!
    Sheri

March 23, 2020 at 23:29

Hello and god bless you and all the doctors and nurses, you are on the front line of this war on the virus, England is now on lockdown for three weeks which I have never experienced before, i work in a warehouse which supplies spar shops so I can’t work from home, yes its scary at times for most people, but we need to stay positive for those people who need help in this troubled time, thank you for all the work you do and the next time your at work please say a big thank you from me to your work colleagues, stay safe and strong my friend.

wherewillyoubeinayear
    March 24, 2020 at 20:15

Thank you for your kind words. I am doing the best with positive thoughts… I have to stay that way… I will pass the kind words.. and this too shall pass…
    I will and thank you!
    Sheri

Let me know what you think!!!

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: