Being a nurse Life by Sheri

Will it be quieter?

COVID-19, or Coronavirus, whatever sounds easier to say, the bottom line it has managed to do what other pandemics have done:  Infect, sicken and kill.  Cause confusion, fear, anxiety, and so many other emotions all thought about in a matter of minutes.  Stay at home, work from home, self-quarantine for persons over age 65 for 2 weeks (for now), or if your feeling ill or have symptoms, or have been around someone who has but what about people like me?  I am a nurse.  I work in a Level 2 Trauma Center.  I work on a Surgical/Oncology and Trauma Unit.  I have to go to work.  My patients need me to take care of them.

claudio-schwarz-purzlbaum-muq_ej7p9s0-unsplash
Photo by 🇨🇭 Claudio Schwarz | @purzlbaum on Unsplash

So this will be the 1st of a few posts on my experiences inside the hospital.  Tonight I am going into work with our visitor’s restrictions in place.  That happened yesterday.  My unit was”currently” not taking care of any rule out or positive cases of COVID, however, today is a new day and who knows what I will happen except I will “hear” the quiet.

Stay safe, wash your hands, don’t forget to say I love you and let’s kick this virus in the proverbial butt.

Yours truly,

Sheri

Featured image Photo by Fusion Medical Animation on Unsplash

Advertisements

You may also like...

21 Comments

1. Be safe. Thank you for all you do 🌷😊❤️

2. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Thank you.. for all we do.. as amazing humans!!!!

3. justinoneone12 says:

Keep up the great work

4. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Thank you!!

5. God bless you and keep you safe.
    We have been out of health care for just over three years and are happy not to be there now. Sandy was a nurse for 50 years, med/surg, ICU, ER and PACU. Jim was an emergency physician for 40 years, can’t imagine what it is like right now.
    We will follow with interest.

6. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Thank you and thank you for being an amazing team!!!! Wow.. the things that you have seen… I love your blog and thanks again!!!..

7. Stay safe! Salute each and every member of stay in our hospitals and emergency services. Take care

1. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

As I sit here we had three more rule outs come in and one on my floor…. and he has been here..

8. My son’s partner, a doctor, has been told to self-isolate because my son has had flu – your usual flu, not Covid-19. Son goes back to work tomorrow as a teacher, knowing the school will probably close on Friday. Doctor stays at home, healthy and frustrated.

9. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Awww. So confusing and frustrating with all of this..and the waiting game to get out of self isolate is nuts.. so sorry for your son’s and his partners frustration…. praying for the next 2 weeks to fly by!!!!!

10. God bless you and keep you safe.
    We will follow with interest.

11. Pat Wells says:

Love your comments Sheri. Stay safe.

1. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Thank you so much!!!!!! you as well….. xoxoxo

12. Anonymous says:

Can’t wait to hear your stories! Stay safe Sheri! Love you mama bear!

1. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Awww… I will and you too!!!! Love you baby!!!!!

13. I know it’s tough going in not knowing what will happen. I was an ER RN for years and retired early!! My husband is an ENT Surgeon. I feel like I should be doing something just from all my years of being a nurse so I’ve been making cookies and goodies and sending them with him to the various hospitals, surgery centers and clinics he works at. I used to love unexpected snacks when I was nursing so trying to pay it forward!! Keep safe and remember to take care of yourself too!!! Nurses rock!!!

1. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Thank you for that and thank you for being an awesome RN. It is a hard job for sure. We are just doing the best we can with what we are told and how to care for our other patients as well. The snacks.. gosh, it is our mantra…I am keeping safe and yes… downtime for me too!
      Thank you so much and I love your blog by the way!
      Sheri

14. Hello and god bless you and all the doctors and nurses, you are on the front line of this war on the virus, England is now on lockdown for three weeks which I have never experienced before, i work in a warehouse which supplies spar shops so I can’t work from home, yes its scary at times for most people, but we need to stay positive for those people who need help in this troubled time, thank you for all the work you do and the next time your at work please say a big thank you from me to your work colleagues, stay safe and strong my friend.

1. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

Thank you for your kind words. I am doing the best with positive thoughts… I have to stay that way… I will pass the kind words.. and this too shall pass…
      I will and thank you!
      Sheri

15. Be safe

1. wherewillyoubeinayear says:

And you as well…xoxo
      Sheri

Let me know what you think!!!