Advertisements
Call it life / Family / Life / Life by Sheri

A part of my heart…

isaac-quesada-5tp-5OLYufg-unsplash
Photo by Isaac Quesada on Unsplash

“I love you”, is something I can still hear my Mommy telling me.  “Be a good girl and help with your brothers”.  My incredible sweet mother died at the incredible tender age of thirty.  Four children ages nine, eight, seven, and three.  Cervical Cancer.  She died three years after diagnosis.  Pretty sure she had it while pregnant with my little brother.

I am the nine-year-old.  My mother’s oldest and her only daughter.

The pain never leaves your heart.  Ever.

kelly-sikkema-E8H76nY1v6Q-unsplash
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

Mother’s Day should not be the only day you tell your Mom how much you love her.  I know that there are circumstances that beg to differ on this topic, but for the most part we all love our Mother.

I know there are so many of you out there that wishes you had just a few more moments with your Mom.  I know I do.  What would my nine-year-old self say?   I know I would hold her so close to me that I would never forget her smell.

My mother died forty-three years ago.  Not a day goes by that I don’t miss her.

I know my mother is always with me.  I feel her.  I smell her.  I hear her.  I just wish I could hold her and tell her how much I love her.  Please, don’t lose the chance to tell your mommy how much you love her.

Happy Mother’s day to you.

I was blessed with four incredible children and five almost six precious grandchildren.  Being a mother comes in so many forms.  Happy Mother’s day to whichever blessing of being a mother you are.

These are my loves…

Dec visit 2019IMG_20191222_200250_335-COLLAGE20200217_183201-COLLAGE (1)20200309_112728-COLLAGE (1)20200422_160329-COLLAGE (1)

Stay safe and don’t forget to say

I LOVE YOU!

Sheri

Featured Image:  Photo by Natalia Sobolivska on Unsplash

Advertisements

Comments

May 9, 2020 at 22:00

Such a lovely post. I’m sure you’re mom would have been so proud of you. It is a huge loss losing your mom in childhood. Mine died when I was just shy of six.

wherewillyoubeinayear
    May 10, 2020 at 07:39

Thank you for your comment!!! I am so sorry for the loss of your mommy. It stays with you forever. I hope that you have some memories of her in her heart. I am sure your Mom would be just as proud of your!
    Always,
    Sheri
    xoxoxo

May 10, 2020 at 00:28

Beautiful. I know the feeling of losing a parent at a young age. Almost 28 years later the pain and disappointment still sits on shoulders heavy.

wherewillyoubeinayear
    May 10, 2020 at 07:37

It does. I hope you have some good memories as I do, but your right, the pain and yes disappointment is heavy.
    Stay wonderful and thank you for reading and for your comments…
    Always,
    Sheri
    xoxoxo

May 10, 2020 at 04:05

Aww this is such a sweet post! I’m so sorry for the loss of your mother; I’m very close to my mum so I can’t even think about what it would be like if she weren’t here, but I love that you’re turning this the other way around to see your incredible children and grandbabies. And what sweeties they all are! We’ve already had our mother’s day in the UK but I forget it’s different elsewhere!
Happy Mother’s day, I hope you and your family are keeping as safe & as well as possible  ♥
Caz xx

May 10, 2020 at 04:06

Aww this is such a sweet pos, Sheri. I’m so sorry for the loss of your mother; I’m very close to my mum so I can’t even think about what it would be like if she weren’t here, but I love that you’re turning this the other way around to see your incredible children and grandbabies. And what sweeties they all are! We’ve already had our mother’s day in the UK but I forget it’s different elsewhere!
Caz xx

wherewillyoubeinayear
    May 10, 2020 at 07:34

Thank you so much. I am very close to my children and my grandbabies. I know my Mother would have been the same way with mine.
    Thank you for reading my post.
    Enjoy your time with your Mum and Happy Mother’s day to her!!!!
    Always,
    Sheri
    xoxoxo

May 10, 2020 at 05:09

Your mum was so young – you were so young when you lost her. It must have been devastating for you. I love your gorgeous gallery of photos. Stay safe, keep well.

May 10, 2020 at 09:00

Wonderful family photos Sheri. Enjoy your day.

May 11, 2020 at 11:56

Such a sweet post! Hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day…thank you for that reminder to tell the ones close to us how we feel xo

Let me know what you think!!!

error: Content is protected !!
%d bloggers like this: